Friday, 31 May 2013

Paint pot love...

For many years I would stick eyeshadow on my lids and hope to god it would stay in place, often it would end up disappearing off my face by lunch. Then I started using a primer but more recently I have found a passion for paint pots.

Gone are the crazy colours of my youth and in with the neutrals.

MAC Painterly, MAC Bare study
MAC Bare study left, MAC Painterly right.
Whilst Painterly appears to be the ugly sister of the two I find it the most flattering and versatile due to it's Matt texture. Whilst bare study it pretty it can highlight eyelid creases, a problem I am all too aware of. I think Painterly also has the edge under powder shadows as it causes less colour distortion.

Just be careful when buying online the swatches can be confusing as both Painterly and Bare study appear very similar. Overall I am very glad I have these little pots, they save me from being a smudgy eyeshadow mess on a daily basis.

No comments:

Post a Comment